The MSAA Art Showcase
Showcase Rules and Release Form
Submissions for the Art Showcase are no longer being accepted at this time.
MSAA requests submissions of artwork from visual artists who have multiple sclerosis. Artists will be nationally recognized through MSAA's Art Showcase program. MSAA will retain rights to use reproductions of the submitted art in various contexts for its constituents.
Art Showcase Rules:
The MSAA Art Showcase honors all people who share their art and thanks the artists for taking the time to share their creative work with us. Following are the rules for entering the Showcase:
1. To enter the Showcase, you must have a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. You will need to include a copy of a doctor's verification of your MS diagnosis.
2. The Showcase is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who are not subject to any agreement that would interfere with their ability to enter this Showcase or assign all rights to be assigned hereunder. Employees of MSAA and any of its affiliated companies and members of their immediate families are ineligible. This Showcase is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
3. You are able to submit up to three (3) pieces of your artwork. The Showcase accepts artwork in the following media: paintings in oil, watercolor, acrylics, tempera, or gouache; drawings in pencil, pen & ink, chalk, crayon, pastels, charcoal, digital, or other drawing media; graphic design; and photography. Fabric art and three-dimensional art (sculpture, mobiles, etc.) are not eligible.
4. Artwork may not, as determined by MSAA, contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Portrait photography cannot be accepted. Any inappropriate artwork that is submitted will not be included in the Showcase.
5. Email an electronic copy of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Image(s) should be at least 1 megabyte (MB) — with 300dpi resolution if possible — and no larger than 10 megabytes (MB), with 4 megabytes (MB) as the preferred size. Please note that we are not accepting any mailed artwork this year.
6. Include the title and medium for each work submitted, as well as a short biographical statement (150 words or less) that speaks to your interest in art and includes how MS affects or has affected your art or work methods. Biographical statements that do not conform to the word limit will be edited for space.
7. Your submission is not complete until we have received your signed Release Form. To file your Release, enter your name and email address on the form below and check the "I agree" button. Or, download and print out the Release Form — then fill in your name and address and email to email@example.com.
8. All entry materials must be received by December 14, 2020.
9. This is an electronic showcase of all art submitted.
10. MSAA reserves the right to use the submitted artwork and the artist biographical statement at its discretion in printed and digital material including MSAA publications, cards and calendars, social media, email marketing, and exhibitions that pertain to the Art Showcase or other expressions of creative ability by artists who live with MS as well as in other ways that advance MSAA's mission.